Widower campaigns for greater asbestos awareness
Posted: March 20, 2013
Posted in: Asbestos Exposure Mesothelioma Wrongful & Accidental Death
Eric Ward had worked as a fitter’s mate at a Welsh power station for over 20 years, where he was apparently exposed to asbestos fibres on a daily basis.
His wife Valerie contracted mesothelioma after years of washing his work overalls, which were contaminated with the deadly fibres. She started to experience breathing difficulties around four years ago, and was diagnosed with asbestos-related mesothelioma in 2010. She died shortly afterwards at the age of 78.
According to the BBC, the family was awarded compensation for Mrs Ward’s death, which they donated to the hospice that had cared for her after she became ill.
« Landscape gardener crushed by ‘unsafe’ skip loader
Workers suffer long term damage from HAVS »