Road Traffic Accident Claim Lawyers for Cardiff
Have you ever been injured in a road traffic accident? Was it because someone else wasn’t paying attention? Did you ever wonder if you might be entitled to make a claim for financial compensation for your injury? If you have been involved in a car or public transport that was clearly the fault of someone else, then Accident Claims Cardiff may be able to help secure financial compensation for you.
In line with FCA Regulations, you are entitled – if you fulfil the necessary criteria – to make a claim for injury arising from a motor accident in Cardiff to the Claims Portal. You do not need to instruct a solicitor and can submit a claim free of charge. Our panel solicitors will charge a fee for providing advice and submitting your claim. This fee may be up to 25% of the claim value plus VAT. We will be able to inform you in more detail when you enquire on 02921 682 687^.
At Accident Claims Cardiff, following our many years of helping clients based in and around Cardiff pursue significant sums of money in compensation for injuries sustained in road traffic accidents, we appreciate the impact it can have on people. While any physical damage may be able to be dealt with, we also understand the significant mental suffering that people endure having been involved in an incident on the road. Speak to our local team in Cardiff today and find out how we can help you.
Can I claim compensation for my injury?
Guidance from our Road Traffic Accident Claims solicitors for Cardiff
Many people believe that they must have suffered a particularly severe injury on the road in order to pursue compensation. This is simply not true. While severe injuries including spinal damage and mental illness can of course be pursued under a personal injury claim, injuries including cuts, bruises, and whiplash can also be the subject of a claim.
What do I need to do?
Making a personal injury claim involves following a certain set of rules. These are designed to ensure that only credible claims are considered, and that there is sufficient evidence to sustain them. If you are considering bringing a compensation claim in a civil court, your claim will need to meet certain criteria:
- The first criterion that needs to be satisfied by your claim is that it must show that the person that caused you to suffer an injury had an obligation not to do anything that would cause you to suffer harm. Under personal injury law, this is called their ‘duty of care’. In attempting to demonstrate that you were owed a duty of care, you needn’t be concerned about the kind of road accident you were involved in. No matter whether your accident involved a car, a bus, or a taxi, all road users have a legal duty not to do anything that could expose others to injury. It is also important to note that this obligation is also owed to passengers in vehicles and pedestrians.
- The second criterion that needs to be met is to demonstrate that you’re being injured was a consequence of the duty of care owed to you being breached. This tends to be the more significant part of a personal injury claim. You will need to detail very clearly how the actions of someone, as a matter of fact, caused you to suffer injury.
The most common claims following road traffic accidents are whiplash and fractures, but they can be more serious, such as paralysis or the need for amputation. Any road user is entitled to bring a claim for compensation from car, van, and lorry drivers or passengers to cyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians. The amount of compensation that will be awarded following a road traffic accident will vary depending on the degree of negligence and the seriousness of the injury.
Personal injury claims rely very heavily on the availability of persuasive evidence. Courts will not make an award for compensation unless there is clear evidence that you were owed a duty of care and that this was breached: this is the only way to show that a road user was negligent and that this caused your injury.
At Accident Claims Cardiff, we work in partnership with you to build a convincing case for compensation. In order for us to do our job well and seek the highest level of compensation possible, we need you to give us as much information as possible regarding the circumstances of your accident and resultant injury. While your account of events is undoubtedly important, we will also need to have other kinds of evidence, including:
- pictures of the incident;
- the accounts of other people who saw the road traffic accident take place;
- an overview of how the accident has affected you/your family; and
- any details regarding the severity of your injury.
The availability of multiple different kinds of evidence to support your claim for compensation increases the likelihood that it will succeed. Our team will use their skills and experience to frame the evidence in such a way that your claim is presented in a very clear way.
How much will I be awarded?
The value of compensation claims for injuries suffered in road traffic accidents varies significantly, depending on the circumstances of the incident. The likely sum that you can expect however will depend on a number of things including:
- Where on your body is the injury? The law deems different parts of the human body to be more valuable than others. As a result, damage to a particular part of the body, e.g., head or brain, will attract more compensation than an injury sustained to the leg.
- What else are you claiming for? While your claim will obviously seek compensation for having suffered the injury, it can also seek an award in respect of any loss of income that being injured has caused. It can also cover you for any future loss of income, if you are no longer able to work. Furthermore, if you have had to organise specialist care as a result of your injury, the cost of this can also be reflected in your claim. Moreover, it is also possible for you to claim for the expense involved in having your injuries treated, i.e., getting to and from your local hospital.
Make a Claim for a Road Traffic Accident in Cardiff
The Accident Claims Cardiff team operate in and around the Cardiff area. Our team pride themselves on offering a local solution to our clients’ problems. We use our many years of experience in handling compensation claims for road traffic accidents to provide tailored guidance to each client, reflecting the circumstances of the accident and injury. We do not believe in generalising the help that we give to our clients. No matter how small your injury may be, it may still attract some level of financial compensation. Contact our team today and see if we can help you. We will be able to guide you on what level of compensation you are likely to be able to claim for, and we will be able to help you do this.
If you have suffered road traffic accident injuries, our Road Traffic Accident Claims Lawyers Cardiff can help you claim compensation through our no win, no fee* service. Our Cardiff-based team of Personal Injury experts and solicitors** are ready and willing to help you now. Call our Road Traffic Injury Lawyers Cardiff on 02921 682 687^ or contact us online.