Public Place Accidents in Cardiff

Public place accidents are a common occurrence across the UK, and Cardiff is no different. These range from minor slips on poorly maintained pavements to major falls on spillages in shops. No matter the accident, if someone is at fault, you may be entitled to compensation. Time limits are imposed on such claims, so if you have suffered, contact Accident Claims Cardiff today.

How to Claim for Public Place Accidents in Cardiff

If you have a successful claim, you will be awarded compensation to get your life back on track. You should be no worse off than you were before the accident, and compensation is the way to achieve this. You are entitled to be compensated for money that you have lost as a result of the accident. For example, earnings you have lost as a result of having to take time off work due to your injury and loss of pension contributions.

You are also entitled to be compensated for expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident. For example, medical expenses and, if it was a particularly serious accident, the cost of ongoing care. The compensation you will be awarded can depend greatly on the legal guidance you obtain. Therefore, if you do not want to miss out on what you are entitled to, contact Accident Claims Cardiff.

Compensation Claims Requirements

Evidence is required when you bring a compensation claim. The stronger the evidence, the more likely your claim is to be successful, so it is important that you gather the best evidence possible. Contact Accident Claims Cardiff and an experienced solicitor** will be able to guide you as to what evidence will be helpful to your claim. If you have particularly strong evidence, an experienced solicitor** may even be able to negotiate a settlement agreement with the responsible party. This will save you the hassle of going to court.

If going to court is necessary, you will need to be able to prove that the responsible party’s negligence caused the public place accident. This requires you to show that the responsible party has breached a duty of care that they owe to you. You must be able to prove this on the balance of probabilities. This means that you must show it is more likely than not that a reasonable person would not have acted in the way the responsible person did, had they been in the position the responsible person was in.

Who is Liable to Pay Compensation for Public Place Accidents?

The person responsible for a public place accident is liable to pay public liability compensation, but who can this responsible person be? The responsible person can be anyone who is responsible for a public place. This leaves us with the questions of what does responsible mean, and what is a public place?

The question of what is a public place is easiest to answer. A public place is any place to which the public has access. This includes more than just public footpaths and council run buildings. It includes places in private ownership that are open to the public. Therefore, supermarkets, cinemas, theme parks and anywhere else that welcomes the public is a public place.

Types of injury from a slip, trip or fall that you could claim compensation for:

So now, what does being responsible for a public place mean? It can sometimes be difficult to identify who is responsible for the safety of the public while they are in a particular place. The experienced solicitors** at Accident Claims Cardiff will be an invaluable support to you when it comes to answering this question. For places in private ownership, the owner may claim the occupier is liable, and the occupier may claim the owner is liable. Who is actually liable will depend on the facts of the accident and the agreed relationship between the occupier and the owner.

If the occupier is responsible for maintenance and a ceiling tile falls and injures you, the occupier is likely to be liable to pay the compensation. Alternatively, the occupier may have agreed with the owner that the owner would be liable for maintenance. Even in cases where the owner is liable for maintenance, the occupier may be liable for certain accidents. For example, if you slip on a spillage this is not a maintenance issue, so the occupier may still be liable.

The situation becomes yet more complicated when the floor is wet due to a leaking roof. Is the owner who is liable for maintenance liable for the compensation because they failed to maintain the roof, or is the occupier liable for your injury because they failed to dry the floor as a reasonable person would? The guidance of an experience lawyer ** from Accident Claims Cardiff will be particularly important in such situations. If you sue the wrong person for compensation, you will not be entitled to anything from them, so you will have wasted your time and money.

If the place in which the accident occurs is a public place, the local authority in control of that particular place is likely to be liable. This may seem to be a fairly simple rule, but that does not mean the local authority will not resist the compensation claim. They may attempt to deny responsibility all together or offer you a low settlement in the hope of paying as little compensation as possible. Accident Claims Cardiff‘s solicitors ** will be able to guide you as to your prospects of success if the case were to go to court to allow you to make an informed decision.

Accidents in Public Places — Slips, Trips, and Falls solicitors

You cannot afford to miss out on compensation that you are entitled to. Having a serious accident can be a life-changing experience, and compensation is available to minimise the impact your accident had on you. Even if the accident was more minor, there will be some level of disruption caused to you that you should not have had to suffer. Contact Accident Claims Cardiff today. The helpful, Cardiff based staff will be available to guide you and assist you in order to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.

Contact Accident Claims Cardiff

If you have suffered an accident in a public place in Wales, our team can help you claim compensation through our no win, no fee* service. Call our public place accidents lawyers ** today on 02921 682 687^ or contact us online.

Start Your Personal Injury Claim Today

Contact Our Claim Managers Now